Old 08-16-2012, 05:22 PM
ploverwi2

I do the same thing. I have done it for years. Just be sure to iron the freezer paper on good, especially the corners. It works so well.
Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
i've printed lots of pictures on fabric-but sorry -- have no idea what PPI or DPI are---
I use good quality (expensive) permenent ink in my ink-jet HP printer- I prepare my fabric for dyeing- (pre-washed with detergent- no fabric softener- or any additives- then iron freezer paper to the back of the fabric- cut to the size of printer paper being very careful to secure the edges so the fabric does not separate in the printer-
i print my pictures- set them aside to 'cure' for up to 24 hours-so the ink has time to saturate the fibers- then i heat set
the next day i run cold water through the pictures to remove the excess ink- dry them & heat-set again...
there are also pre-made printer fabric sheets available- there are a number of different ones- each has its own instructions-some are washable some are not- it's important to follow the instructions on the package to have the best results.