View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Lori S

I only get my feelings hurt if the person who recieved it had picked the pattern and the fabrics. I do have a "quilt gift" policy I tell all who receive one of my quilts. If for any reason you want/like one I have currently that has not been "claimed"yet. You can exchange it !
I only had one "exchange" in over 30 years. In fact there are some still out there , that I wish would come back , as my quilting has improved so much over the years , some look so... dull and primative .. I hate to admit I made them.
There have been a few that found homes on shelves.. and I was told that they are too good for regular use. I have threatened to dump spagetti sauce on them so they won't be "so good". So many times people I give to really do cherish them and just can bring themselves to use them regularly. So the "spagetti sauce talk" lets them know USE THEM. It would bother me more to know that some other generation ( who never knew me or met me) would find them on a shelf .. and discard them. I intend for my quilts to be "consumed" in my lifetime.

Last edited by Lori S; 08-17-2012 at 07:57 AM.