View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 07:58 AM
mcb1180

Default My Nephews First Quilt

When my sister told us just before Christmas that she was pregnant, I decided that I was going to make a baby blanket that the baby could come home from the hospital in and generally drag around all over the place. His/Her own Linus special. I started looking at fabric, and designs and basically making myself sick trying to come up with something special enough for my NeNew (my first and likely only niece or nephew). Though now I know she's having a boy. I finally decided to do a five block staggered sampler. It took some doing, but I picked five basic blocks and decided on a layout and color scheme and I was ready to go. Then I spent months, and I do mean months, searching for the perfect fabrics. I finally found all the prefect fabrics and I got to work. It took three full days, to full days piecing the top and two half days quilting and adding the binding. I had just enough time to show the finished product off to my Quilting Meetup Group and get it in the mail. Now that my sister has seen it I'm super excited to share it with the world.

As I typed this message I received a message I received word that my sister had her baby. I'm an auntie! YAY!!
Attached Thumbnails noahs-lable-2-.jpg   noahs-quilt-finished.jpeg   noahs-first-picture.jpg