View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:13 AM
LynnVT

Sometimes people might fold the design inward thinking they are "saving" it from damage. I agree it's easy to be hurt when someone stashes a quilt away that you have made for them. But for me, knowing my grandchildren all loved their baby quilts because their mothers used them, washed them, held them snuggled in them, that's all that really matters. Just as we have to let our children go and live their own lives, we have to let our quilts go and not be hurt. One daughter lives with black labs who sleep on the bed, and though I made her quilt in colors with that in mind, I know the wear and tear ruined it. But she loved it while it lasted. Now she has a wall quilt I made for her that used to hang in her office. She recently lost that job (very unfair situation, traumatic to her), and when I last visited she said she is going to hang it in her hallway where it will be seen from the dining room. I've learned not to surprise people much with quilts, and to ask what people like when I do make one. As someone said, you can't expect everyone to love your designs and your colors. And you can't always expect people to appreciate how much love, and energy and $$$ goes into a quilt. Be happy that you enjoyed the process.