View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Nanachar

Ladies very nice finishes! I just love this group......all the inspiration helps to keep me going!

Okay, as promised, here are a few finishes.....my summer work. First is a Pinwheel wall hanging that was started about 5 years ago. The points of the pinwheels are loose like prairie points (there must be a name for it) and I added the little brown buttons to make it look like the spinner part of a child's pinwheel.

2nd is not really a ufo.....it was for my DIL's birthday.....a beach bag for her vacation. Along with that and not pictured were a few washable Shopping Bags for my DD and a couple sets of Potholder Mitts (made from leftover Potato printed fabric) for my Son and SIL....the guys loved them.....and were quite surprised that I had made something for them.

3rd and lastly is the "Napa Valley Quilt". About 9 years ago my husband and I went to CA and did the dinner train through Napa Valley.....later on the same trip, we were in a great quilt shop in Sedona, AZ and found this fabric. And, of course being a quilter, I bought it and didn't have a clue as to what I would do with it. My husband loved it and kept asking me what I was going to make with it......finally an idea.....lets pick out two blocks and alternate a row of each.....because he is tall it grew quite large. Alas, it is done and he is just thrilled with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]356087[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]356089[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]356090[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]356091[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]356092[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg   photo-3.jpg   photo-1.jpg   napa-valley-quilt-001.jpg   napa-valley-quilt-002.jpg  

Last edited by Nanachar; 08-17-2012 at 10:00 AM.