View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 10:30 AM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
You think keeping your house up while quilting is a problem now, just wait until you get older and slower like me. Just joking but there's a bit a truth in the statement. I just lowered my standards a bit and try to quilt and have a sort of neat looking home. Don't get that much company any longer (many friends and family have moved to warmer clients) and most company is family so they know there's always plenty of food to eat and tea to drink so they're happy. There is always stuff that needs to go upstairs so I hide it in large colorful shopping bags I picked up at Joann's and leave it on the stair landing. DH usually takes it upstairs and puts it in my sewing room and closes the door. What I don't see doesn't need attention, LOL.

PS: Always hated leaving a messy looking kitchen before going to bed but a dishwasher takes care of that, I run it late at night and DH usually empties it while he is waiting for the morning coffee to brew. Now that's team work, LOL!
I have found this out, too. My knee is too wonky for me to be on it very long so cleaning, while I don't mind doing it, just doesn't get done like it used to. I'm quite fortunate in that my DH doesn't see dirt... LOL! He's good to hekp but y'know how it is... nobody can clean your house like you can.