Old 08-17-2012, 02:33 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Wow, Nancy, that' s a lot of clipping. I have a rag die for my Accuquilt Studio, so all the squares are pre-cut/ragged. I don't know if I'd do them any other way! So much work otherwise. I do quite a few of them for our community service quilts. That's great you all are working together. I taught my 5 year old niece how to sew and our first project was a small, rag quilt. Sadly, it was for her grandmother in the hospital, who didn't pull through:<

It sounds like you're VERY busy!
Geeze, I don't have the Accuquilt - now I am going to look into one! I didn't think about getting the blocks already clipped! Geeze, for a lap sized rag quilt that would be nice, but for the one Kassidy is doing I am not so sure it would work! This quilt is so large that it is fraying from just being wrestled with so much! I'd of worried if the blocks were already clipped! I had to go over her seams as she added row after row because I caught her pulling the quilt through the feed dogs, which caused some very very long stitches! Luckily, I caught that and re-did those seams! Don't ya love those old Japanese machines with all metal gears! If Kassidy has tried pulling the fabric through - forcing it instead of letting the feed dogs do their jobs - on a modern plastic wonder there would have been major problems - probably a ruined machine! That pink Sterling just keeps right on sewing! Love it!

Nancy