View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 10:55 PM
nancia

sounds like great fun! sorry i've missed visiting this week! had some oral surgery on monday and i still feel like a' mack truck got 'all up in my grillwork'. had a great time in dallas with all of our children and the assorted in=laws (and out-laws). olivia is now 1 year, 2 weeks old, and no, i do not intend to announce her age every week. lol
i have rec'd 2 quilts, quilted for me by a dear friend, so i will be doing the work that binds. also, the boomerang i'm in has started, and the dq swap. sure is fun being retired==so much time to do nothing! LOLOLOL did i mention the wallhanging swap rhonda is hosting? yup. just lazing around-- NOT! tomorrow, or later today, i will be attending a program on machine embroidery. sounded like a good idea since i do not know how to use my machine. so young, and so much to learn!! must be the pain pills that are crackin' me up! 8-) oh, goodness, forgot to mention, most important! the quilts were beautifully done by my friend. simple and tasteful! one goes to a 6 yr old buddy of mine, and the other goes to a sick friend of my son's. these will be the first 'life size' quilts i have done. i am so pleased with how they look now!! sunday i am doing art work while all the fabric washes, or i'll die trying!! so frustrating! how do artists work on drugs?