View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Swan Song

1. Selection, I have to have choices. I need yellow and you have 1 bolt of yellow fabric, I'm gone.

2. Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff BUT not smothering. Please don't follow me around and tell me I need blue fabric when I am looking for brown. I really don't care you used the same fabric I have in a quilt in your book on page 4 with blue, I want brown and no I do not wish to purchase your book signed or unsigned so stop waving it in my face. This is a true story and the fabric I was looking for brown to use with is still in my stash because I was so frustrated when I walked out I never wanted to look at the fabric again. Some day I will pull it out and find the perfect brown.

3. Lighting, do not direct me to the 1 tiny unobstructed window in the shop to see what the color actually is.

4. Uncluttered, arranged well, completed quilts that you actually have patterns for.

That said I always at least walk in and look around you never know what gems you may find in a new shop. How long I stay and if I go back or recommend a shop depends on the above.