View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Suzan88

Originally Posted by dottiequilts View Post
My favorite quilt shop is Loose Threads in Milton, WI. The owner Mary Kay is friendly and knowledgable. Her quilt store offers fabric for every taste and it's arranged artfully and in a manner than makes sense. She has quilts and projects on display everywere. There are books and gadgets and going there is like visiting a friend. We have over ten quilt stores within a one hour radius, yet she gets most of my business. When I go to other stores when we travel, I constantly think that they should take lessons from her.
My favorite is just like that - it's in Auburn, Maine and though I don't get there a lot now we've moved away I make a point of going every time we are there and I bought from her at the quilt show too. It's a pleasant shop with lots of excellent samples they have made themselves, friendly people who recall who I am and take time to explain what they are making, and have good ideas for color selection if I ask and a table where I can pull up a chair and chat for a while...they do classes too. All in an a Quiltessential place to be when in town.