View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 10:01 AM
terri bb

what a wonderful thread! i enjoyed getting all of your opinions! i machine sew during the day but every nite i hand sew or hand quilt. i have started on a double irish chain by hand but the 6.5 inch centers i have done fusible and made flowers and leaves for each one. i am using a pretty sturdy blanket stitch (the biggest one my machine will do) and im finding it looks very 'country'. i am not liking the stiffness of the pellon underneath, but i am hoping after it is washed several times it will become softer. the rest of the quilt is going to be done by hand and then hand quilted. i find hand sewing is so relaxing at the end of the day! i would love to learn to do hand turn on more complicated projects. the flowers in the center are very simple because the recipient of this is a very simple country down to earth girl and i think it fits. i think that learning in person to do this would be better than a book or a youtube. i have watched some and just shake my head. ill post pics as i go for fun and please keep your fingers crossed im pretty new at hand sewing and i find i pull my stitches out and start over if they start to look not quite right!