View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 02:58 PM
oldcatlady

OK, I knew this was going to happen! I mowed the lawn and then stopped there! I sat on the patio and ate a late lunch and looked through several mags of quilt blocks marking ones I want to try. I'm washing more fabric now and listening to a rerun of the 'Prairie Home Companion' while catching up on the board.

TheMamaHauser - I saw that too on my spreadsheet. I just assumed you guys were friends who joined the board together. What are the odds of that??? The sign block is no problem. I keep all the stuff in their envelopes and number them as they come in. When I have time to work on the blocks I pull out #1, read the instructions, hunt for coordinating fabric, make the block, stuff it in an envelope to mail off, make a notation on my spreadsheet and then on to #2. Things went very smoothly for me last Boom doing that. I also put all the extra fabric back in the envelope and keep it there until the swap is over in case something happens and someone needs their scraps back to make an extra block or whatever.

annaquilts - I LOVE civil war fabrics. I have some in my stash and know exactly what you are talking about. It's on my wish list to make myself a lapquilt sometime.

yosamitesa - I don't have any kids and have never made a child's quilt. The one baby quilt I made was for a coworker who named her girl Rose and I made a really girlie quilt with roses. The 2-3 blocks I made in the last boom had me sweating I was so nervous about it but I think they came out OK and up for the challenge again!

jaba - fruit blocks will be new for me, will have to see what I get. And I get 2 since you are doing an extra swap with me!!! I think I'm going to be able to relate regarding addressing all those envelopes unless I get a new printer!

I can't wait to start getting your fabrics - how fun!