View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 03:14 PM
marytoddliz

Everyone is different but we all have our favorite way to get it done. I like the 6 X 9 Manila envelopes, I buy 25 for $3.99 at our local mercantile. Then after I wash and press the fabric cut it into F8ths I fold them the flattest I can get them and wrap in Cling wrap, I use the Brawny brand, get it at the Dollar store. It's funny it is terrible to use when working with food, but I love it for the swaps. Press out all the air with your hand, that makes the fabric flatter. If you get it really flat you might be able to get it in a regular envelope or a Legal sized. I know I get a lot of them mailed to me just fine. The reason I don't send them that way is because of my local PO... They love to give me a hard time, and if you use the bigger envelope they hand process them, but the postage is 65 cents.

The 20 cents for me is worth it, to play nicely with our PO staff and really if it gets to the destination easier and faster, I am all for it!

The finished block I send back the same way. I will fold the finished block differently because depending on the seams it is easier to fit in the envelope. I hope this helps.

OH yeah one more thing I use the spreadsheet that April sends us and I add notes to it, my notes are easier for me to rummage through that the envelopes I get. On the spreadsheet I add a column for the fabric I send out, that way you can keep track at a glance the number of blocks outstanding.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
For you BOOM veterans could you share what is the most efficient, cost effective and safest way to ship all the F8s and later ther completed blocks?