Old 08-18-2012, 03:26 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Well , the day is drawing to a close...we played cards seriously, relaxed to enjoy the meal when the cousin got a phone call saying his brother was back in a Des Moines Hospital after an operation four or five days ago. So dh's aunt was very concerned until about four o'clock when they got word he was being sent home.

They loved the quilts, so we compromised and they took them home with them. No picnic or party to let anyone sign dh aunt's quilt. I try not to judge, just go with the flow 'cause they are "my relation by marriage". Life is short not in live in peace with one another. Dh aunt got tears in her eyes from the gifting and that was pay enough for me. I did insist on the cousin's wife learning the story of the quilt...and the cousin said it was going on their bed.

Nope, I have done any more on our PC blocks, just looked at them; dh and I will rebuild shelving in the quilt room tomorrow, so I can get more boxes off of the floor. And see if I can make three or four more quilts in September.