View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 03:24 AM
AshleyR

Default Help! Not enough backing fabric!

I normally don't purchase fabric.. the only fabric I buy is backing and I usually buy the very wide fabric, and when I don't, my fabric store figures out how much i need and that's what I buy and they are always spot on!
However, I was at a Discount Foam and Fabric store and found some $1 fabric that I thought "would do" for this big quilt. They didn't know how to figure out how much I needed and neither did I, so I bought what I thought was enough. Obviously, it's not! If I cut it into 3 pieces, and sew them together, it's too short, but there is excess on the sides.

I'm not in love with the quilt top or the backing fabric, so I kinda want to use it for this quilt. It's a purple/pink with little flowers on it and the top is pink and white, so they don't even really match. I don't think I can do the diagonal pieced back method, since this quilt top is so wide.

Other than taking a row off the quilt top (I'm willing, but I'd like to see if there's anything else I can do), is there any easy way to make it work without looking too bad?