Old 08-19-2012, 08:58 AM
DogHouseMom

Just joining.

I got my boomerang 8 fabric's all folded and stuffed into envelopes to mail out tomorrow. Can't wait to start getting the F8's from folks to start making blocks!

The remainder of the day I'm going to do some applique on the baby quilt I'm working on. Pic below is sneak peek of one of the bunny's already completed. The butterfly is not done yet.

The bunny was done with MUV's method of laying the applique fabric (plaid) on top of the quilt, then over that a sheet of paper (golden threads paper) with the image I want appliqued. I then stitch on the lines to get the bunny shape (I use a very small stitch). I then peel the paper away, and cut the plaid fabric around the bunny shape. I then added a few color contrasting spots on the bunny - this part is needle turn applique (ears, eye patch, and belly patch) using a batik. I then stitch around the edge with wool yarn. Then I frayed the edges of the bunny. All of the bunnies are different shapes, plaids, and I used a variety of stitches around the edge.

Off to my garden bench on this BEAUTIFUL day to sit and listen to a book while I stitch bunnies!!
Attached Thumbnails img_1997.jpg