View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 09:01 AM
debbieumphress

Originally Posted by Jan in FL View Post
You are all such special people. Thank you so much for your support. You honestly encouraged me to the point that I went into my sewing room and reevaluated the quilt. I have 80 squares sewn into 10 rows with 8 blocks in each row.

Last night, I ripped and trimmed and sewed the first row over. It may be a little smaller, but the points do all match now. I think I can make all the rows work. We will see what happens when I try to sew the rows together. I might be back with pictures for more help. If not, I will post pictures of the quilt top when completed.

Thank you all so much for your support and advice.
There you go. ALthought there were a lot of fantastic posts here to encourage you not to trash it, that would have to be a sin......I am so glad you were determined to be able to finish it.
I read my patterns first and make sure they don't have your cutting down blocks. And if you have to, I would make sure the square is centered in the middle and measure out. I know points ar so hard to match.
If they are off by a pinch, I also love using a glue stick because....you just dab a little on the seams pts and attach the next piece to match seams.....Forget about the rest. When I sew iwth a glue stick, it seems to fit the fabrics right in and has the pts matched perfectly and the seams.....I taught this to several quilters.
I have a bargello that every seam matches on, using a glue stick, and the glue disappears as quickly as you put it on, once done.
Can't wait to see the results.
You'd be surprised how many of us have had to "make do" and "make it so". ....LOL. Been there done that.

Now go play and enjoy that quilt top.....No quilt police in your room. Hugs