View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Sandygirl

Let's be realistic..not everyone "likes" quilts. Might explain why they display them with the backing side exposed. I am no longer into dried flower arrangements...I rec'd a door wreath for a gift ten years ago..purple flowers and purple ribbons. Not my taste. BUT I did hang it proudly for a while and then it "disappeared". I sent it on its way to someone who DID love it.

I don't make large quilt projects for anyone. period. Not as gifts that is. Raffles and fundraisers. maybe. Charity quilts...of course.

I used to make raggedy ann & andy dolls. They took me over 40 hours to make. I did not give them away if I thought for a second they would not be appreciated. I was glad that I did not give a set to one of my friends' baby girl..soon after the child was old enough to play with dolls, she collected 12 American Girl dolls (the mother was obsessed over them). I figured my dolls would have ended up in a pile somewhere. I never regretted not making a set for her. Her mother like to buy ....

I DID make this "child" a memory wall hanging for her college dorm room. She had shared with me that she missed her dogs while away at school so I made a wallhanging using photos of all of the pets she had and the two dogs that she now has. I had a blast making it and she loved it! Tthe reactions of her parents was interesting. "we have never seen anything like this". It was kind of funny...the perplexed looks on their faces.

Let's face it, there are so many people who don't think anyone still "quilts" or "sews" in this world.

Sandy