Old 08-20-2012, 05:11 AM
candi

Talking My reversible curvy quilt-as-you-go table runner

I signed up for a table runner swap on another board and as I was considering the possibilities, I came across a picture in one of the catalogs (maybe Connecting Threads?) of a curved table runner with bias strips and fell in love with it (sorry not sure about the designer to credit her/him) but didn't want to wait on a pattern and quickly started drafting and thinking of a way to make this runner. After much thinking, it dawned on me how to do it...lol..I also wanted to make a seasonal table runner and while talking to a friend, she said why not a reversible featuring two holidays?! and this is how this table runner was born, lol...cutting the curved pieces was probably the hardest and most time consuming part. Considering that I was flying by the seat of my pants, lol, it came together pretty smooth and I love love the end product as did the quilter who received it. I had lots of fun with this one and hoping to make more in the future. It measures about 19x49.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]356779[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]356780[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]356781[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails reversible-runner-1.jpg   reversivle-runner-2.jpg   reversible-runner-3.jpg