View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 06:32 AM
NanaCsews2

I have noticed that also. When I was looking for certain fabrics, I was on Ebay quite a bit checking out the bids. Then the price changes hit and I stopped. What I don't like is fabric that I can get in my LQS on sale (ours does monthly sales and a couple big ones each year) is going for the same prices on Ebay, then shipping on top of that. I will continue to spend my money locally where I can feel it, open up the bolt and check out a larger area of the fabric, and then watch it being cut. Not to mention the friendly chatter behind the counter. Worth my gas to travel only 2 miles. My LQS does not carry everything, but will order whatever I need. And DH and I do road trips and hit every quilt shop along the way and I never leave empty handed. My take on Ebay fabric? I can drive to Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Hancock Fabrics, or JoAnns and get the same thing for much less than some sellers are asking. I know not all sellers fall into what I have said.
I am constantly watching the fabric for sale on here. I sure wish you had time to post it. If I lived closer to you, I would help you de-stash down to your comfort level.