View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:44 AM
QuilterMomma

Exciting news, I finally finished all the log cabin 30s blocks that I had started, uhm (clear throat) 6 years ago. yep, I had already made two quilts with them and still, can't believe my ocd on them, two baby quilts and the star log cabin I want for myself for show. I have to go to LQS to pick a border. Nothing I have on hand works for me. It is not going to be a large one, but still needs a little something I think. If I find something absolutely terrific, I will make it a 6" border so can quilt a swag on border but otherwise going to be beadboard. I have all the quilting figured out, just need to get on longarm after border. Then the two other ones, I think I am going to do two sams and two sues on the empty spots and then border it with a black 30s. On the other I am going to do redwork embroidery, of course with my Bernina, and then maybe add some small nine patches out of the scraps for the border. I will save this one for my grand baby whenever get one, yep many years down the road I am sure. I just think they turned out nice so want to keep it.
This am put up dill pickles, have to do some zucchini fritters tonight or just shred and freeze, get a wallhanging for customer done so can put in show this weekend, then I have to put back on the longarm a trout quilt that had to be ripped out because of tension issues on thread, then I can load one of mine to get finished. I have three others for customers to get done but I have a deadline of next week for my three so I have to get busy. It was only 98 in garage yesterday so I was loosing weight (wish) sweating up a storm. Glasses would not stay up because of the heat. DH finally said that next year we can put in a portable air conditioner for garage. You know, I was relieved. Cold front moving in (high of 88) so will be easier to get my quilting done. Then I get a long weekend (Labor Day weekend) for doing customer quilts inbetween going to the fair to see my entries and hoping I win a blue ribbon. Well, enough chatter, I will get back to work printing out the O&M Manuals for a project that is done. Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I need it right now.
Oh yeah, I did finish tacking down my turkey on the table runner started a couple of years ago. Looking good.