Thread: FMQ Gloves
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 08:09 AM
weezie

Thanks, all! I have a pair of lightweight gardening gloves to use, but too wide and too short for my long skinny hands so they do not work well. I live within zipping distance to Joann's store, so this a.m. I zipped there. They had med. and lg. Fons & Porter gloves only. Because they were in sealed packs, I bought a pair of each size. The lg. fit o.k. so I will take the unopened med. back and get my money back on my next visit there. (Of course, I should have tried them on before I left Joann's parking lot, but that didn't occur to me until I got home!) HOWEVER, yesterday when I was doing my on-line research, Machingers got a 5-star rating and Fons & Porter gloves a 2.5-star rating; I will see how I like these F&P and meanwhile, keep a watchful eye for a good deal on Machingers. With the Joann's 50% coupon I had, I could have gotten the Machingers for $4.00 on line, but then had to pay nearly $6.00 in s&h, plus sales tax, plus wait several days for them to get here. I'm working on a quilt for a small boy who has chronic health problems and I need to get it finished and sent to him so I wanted the gloves NOW. It is a positively gorgeous quilt, if I do say so myself, and I don't want to ruin it with crappy looking FMQ.

Again, thank you all for your responses.