View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 02:25 PM
quiltingmommy

Hello all, I am also in this group. My stuff is being packaged up and mailed by Wednesday, cross my fingers that I will get to the post office. I am excited about the swap. The kids all start back to school on next Monday, yes!, so then I will have a lot of time on my hands to get these done as quick as possible without neglecting housework (although with the kids at school, the house shouldn't get so messy anymore right?). I am excited about the two patriotic quilts mentioned. I did a patriotic quilt this summer using the simple friendship star, blue and red stars with a white background, all the fabrics were different so I have a lot of fabric that will go with your themes.

My fabric is a simple dot pattern in turqouise green on a cream background. I added a note asking that you all please just used the colors in the fabric (turquoise green or cream) or light pink and chocolate brown fabrics to go along with my fabric. I like traditional quilt blocks usually, but with this fabric choice the dots scream out modern or wonky squares would fit my quilt vision. With that said, I am challenging you all to see how modern or wonky you can go, circles? anyone good with circles? I found a chocolate brown fabric with pink spots that I was going to make a block to go with my boomerang blocks and I was going to try few circle patterns maybe a drunkards path block/circle in square block or free floating applique circles like this:

Just a few ideas...I would love to hear all of your ideas for your quilts too.

Christina