View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 05:22 PM
karenpatrick

Originally Posted by Normabeth View Post
I have several embroidery machines - my first one is a Brother PE700 (this in my opinion is a peice of junk, sitting in a box) the second one I purchased was Janome, can't remember the model, I gave this to my niece and she uses it regulary, my third one is the Bernina 440EQ, have used it for over 2 years for just embroidery, than I made the switch tp becoming a quilter. My most recent purchase is the Singer Futura that HSN sells, have not had to much luck with this one, at Easter was trying to make the baby a free standing lace basket and on the last panel, the machine chewed up the whole panel and bobbin. Haven't touched this machine since, went back to QUILTING!!! Getting back to the embroidery, I do remember the machines being very picky and the thread used, I found Isacord about the best to use on all the machines. Also after 7 to 8 hours of stitching time, change the needle.
Normabeth, I bought one of those Singer Futuras from the HSN and kept it about 2 weeks and sent it back. It was a HEAVY piece of junk. Now I've sewn with many Singers over the years but this one was really awful.