View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Lucy,

Thanks for the reply.

This particular package sat in Customs for over a month, and then they refused it. We've found that pretty much every package that we send by PMI (Priority Mail International) takes six weeks to be delivered to Italy. Express Mail (EMI - handled by FedEx) takes 2-3 weeks.

But I was looking on FedEx's website, and they mention that an import license from the Ministry of Foreign Commerce is required, for someone to receive textiles or clothing into Italy.

??

I have no way of knowing if this is new, or if it's always been that way. It's NOT listed on our Post Office's website, as far as restrictions on goods sent to Italy.

And we have shipped to Italy in the past, so I'm really confused. Trouble is, I'm left picking up the tab for the wasted shipping (because it's not the customer's fault that the package was rejected)... even though, it's not my fault either. The last thing I want to do is to pay again to have it shipped, and have it returned to me yet again.

That's why, I'm hoping that there will be a reader in Italy who knows something more about this.