View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:08 AM
JEM2012

Default Some new projects I've finished

Here are photos of a few new projects I've finished over the last few weeks! These are my second, third, and fourth quilts, so I think I am now officially obsessed. My husband is also officially worried about the odds that I will spend a small fortune on this hobby.

The first (and my favorite!!) is a housewarming quilt for my friend Nina, who just bought a new house. She LOVES bright colors, especially orange, so hopefully this fits the bill. It's the orange soda pop pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop Shape Workshop for Quilters book, which I fell in love with the second I saw it! I used grey on the back to make it a little calmer than the crazy front. This is the first project I've made that's bigger than a baby quilt - definitely a lot for my little $99 sewing machine to handle!! Hopefully a newer fancier machine will be coming my way this Christmas

Front:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357003[/ATTACH]

Back:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357004[/ATTACH]

Closeup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357005[/ATTACH]

I also made a quick little table runner using the scraps from my first quilt (http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t196326.html). It's currently living on our coffee table.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357006[/ATTACH]

Last but not least, I also made a baby quilt for friends of ours who are expecting their first, a boy named Nate, any day now. I used the same embroidered animals that I used on my first quilt - I'm much happier with how this one turned out! I used Michael Miller's backyard baby fabrics - they are so freaking cute! I got them on sale at fabric.com for a steal

[ATTACH=CONFIG]357002[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails nate-front.jpg   nina-front.jpg   nina-back.jpg   nina-closeup.jpg   table-runner.jpg  

nate-back.jpg  

Last edited by JEM2012; 08-21-2012 at 06:25 AM.