View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Yosamitesa

Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm View Post
Well, I must have FAT F8s, because my postoffice charged me 90 cents per envelope this morning! And that was after they warned me that now they have to be checked for puffiness (yep..true comment). So if they have too much AIR in them, it would be 1.90 each. So I folded those darn fabrics as thin as I could, pressed, rewrapped the Press n Seal, squished them to death, poaked tiny pinholes in the wrap and squished some more air out of them. They actually had this piece of cardboard with a slot cut in it that they had to pass each envelope through (the official Puffy test). They passed, thank goodness. Now since I live in the boonies and our post office is a small trailer which also houses the feed & grain and the game warden, I won't argue with them. But the next time I have to stand in line behind a guy in an orange hat holding a dead turkey I shall voice my objections loudly.
Ok...was trying to get through all of the posts I missed since yesterday and had to comment. WOW!!! A puffy test. Hmmm...doesn't sound right, but I guess I can understand where they are coming from. Hugs and if you need help with postage, let me know. Second, you have a Post Office, Feed & Grain, AND the Game Warden all in the same place. Is the Game Warden also your postman? That would be AWESOME!!!!! Little towns facinate me. I grew up in a big city and then moved to a BIGGER city!!! Sadly the BIGGER city gets hurricanes now. What was I thinking??? Third, is it Turkey hunting season??? I didn't think that started until October. Hmmm...I bet you couldn't miss the BRIGHT ORANGE HAT, huh? I guess he wanted to make sure he was "SEEN" in public. We shall call him O.H.M. I would have laughed if I walked in and saw that and then I would have turned around and left...no way I would have dealt with a dead turkey...no m'aam. Feathers and all...nope! I've been chased by several live ones, a dead, cleaned, cooked one at Thanksgiving is the only way I want to see them now.