Old 10-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I am thinking about getting ready for Thanksgiving as I have my daughter and her family here. And my youngest son and his family come here for Thanksgiving. Nathan and his family have Thanksgiving with my youngest BIL and his family. My DH's mom lives with them so Nathan goes that way then.

Nathan usually has Christmas at his house and it is the only time of the year usually when we all get together. When I was growing up it was only my mom and dad and me. Now my dad is gone and we include my soninlaws parents so we are now 25 with my granddaughter's new baby who is due Oct 19. Our family has really grown!!!

I don't always put up a Christmas tree but I try to do some decorating. If I get everything out you wouldn't see the house for the decor!! LOL I collect alot of things that go with Christmas. Bells Angels 1950s flocked and other reindeer and some sleighs to name a few.

We use to exchange gifts but it got to be too much for everyone. Finances have been tight at times with Sara and Ben starting up the clinic and Nathan and Doug( my brother inlaw) starting their own business. So now I just give the grands money and let it go at that. I used to try to buy stuff they like but as they got older it got to be too difficult. This is just so much easier. I buy or make their favorite candy or chips and attach a money card to it and all are happy! Nicci loves Divinity so I try to make some for her every year.

So what are you traditions or holiday experiences or memories of long ago holidays? Anything you want to add of a holiday nature please do!! We would love to hear it! I will probably add some holiday memories along the way as well. So feel free to share your holiday stories!!