Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 AM
justflyingin

Default A bunch of simple charity quilts--all new quilters should look and be encouraged

The last couple of days I've spent binding 14 charity quilts. We tied them earlier in the summer, with the help of young people who were at my house. However, things got busy and I didn't get them bound--til the last couple of days. Hubby is off teaching in Turkey and I am trying to focus on getting these types of things done.

So here they are.

All of you "new quilters" can be encouraged. These are SIMPLE, simple, simple.

But you know...they will all be gladly taken--

1. my first quilt I attempted and almost threw away because I used fabric too heavy--and I couldn't get the points right. I put it away til lately--I decided to "just finish it and donate it". I'm sure it will get taken quickly.

2. misc. 4 patches--mostly donated patches, but I added a few to make enough for a quilt.

3. pattern I saw on on Linus quilts, I think--somewhere they talked about simple quilts--the fabric was really cute so I didn't want to cut it up too small.

4. Chinese coins in pink--totally scrappy (except for the pink)

5. Batman - panel that I added borders to figuring the kids will hone in on the Batman so that is the important thing. The rest is just to make it big enough to keep the child warm.

6. zig zag. Someone posted this idea here this year. Made this one and have another one ready to go, once again, using scraps.

7. blue dog for kids. same idea as nr. 3

8. print/tan donated squares. Donated by a church in IN, I believe--I just sewed the squares together. Easy.

9. browns/greens 2 patch.
Attached Thumbnails nr.-1-first-quilt-attempted.jpg   nr.-2-mostly-donated-blocks.jpg   nr-3-simply-kids.jpg   nr-4-chinese-coins-pink.jpg   nr-5-batman.jpg  

nr-6-zigzag.jpg   nr-7-blue-dog.jpg   nr-8-donated-blocks.jpg   nr-9-brown-green-2-patch.jpg