Old 08-21-2012, 12:11 PM
jennb

Well, I'm starting school for the kids maybe next week. I was going to start this week before they decided to spring this surgery on us with only 4 days to prepare, so I may spend next week doing my first few weeks of lesson plans first and start after labor day. Either way I'll be busy! I plan on doing a sewing unit though for my 2 middle boys. My daughter is knowledgeable enough I can set up a machine in her room and let her go on her own. The boys have only sewn pillowcases though and both want to do something more so I thought I'd let them piece two lap quilts for their own use this time. I'm thinking alternating 9 patch blocks or something simple. They share a room so they can do matching ones. Ashley (my daughter) is working on her own quilt and this one will be the first with needle-turn applique. I'm going to be finishing up this baby bedding then turning around and working on trying to make something for a boy for another old friend who is pregnant and fallen on hard times. She doesn't have anything for a boy as her other kids are all girls, so Im going to raid my stash and see what I can come up with for her. My embroidery and serger machines are both in my bedroom so I can work and be closeby if I'm needed. I have a feeling we are gonna blow through our netflix queue...