View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 12:46 PM
AtHomeSewing

Worth it? I bought one recently and I love it and am I am so happy to have it! For me, I have the desire to use it and will be making my way through my quilt tops as my skills develop. I was very lucky to run across a good deal on a floor model Sweet 16. We were able to pay cash, and I try to not look back. Yes, they are relatively expensive; kind of like hubby’s table saw and riding mower were expensive. He enjoys having and using those items and they make his tasks more enjoyable and productive.

The HQ Sweet 16 is a quality product that really does make quilting easier, more fun and more productive -- at least for me. Maneuvering so much easier with the work area it provides. It doesn’t take up a lot of room compared to the stand-up models which occupy the space of a good-sized room. The Sweet 16 is darned cute and it’s a joy to use. And, it is Made in the USA (for those who care about jobs in America).

Like many women, I’ve conditioned myself to feel guilty spending money on myself especially for items whose main purpose is my enjoyment. Hubby reminds me often not to feel that way. My family is far from rich however this purchase was not going to have an adverse affect on our family economy. So for me, YES, it was worth it and I am happy and feel privileged to have it. (:

On the other hand, my good friend and sewing buddy would love to have one as well. For her though, the answer on “worth” would have to be: No. She honestly doesn’t have the space in her apartment, even for the Sweet 16, nor can she afford any sort payment plan as she is a single parent struggling through a very difficult economy. Will she still have a wonderful time sewing and quilting without one? Yes, absolutely! And, of course, I will be happy to share my machine with her.

So, “worth” is a question to which only you have the answer. If you decide yes, I imagine you will love yours too! (:

Wishing you much Quilty-Fun!