View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Neesie

Default Have You Ever Done This?

Not terribly long ago, I bought some very pretty fabric and made a Warm Wishes lap-quilt top. Had some left-over fabric (never mind that I purposely bought too much), so decided to make a second one, from the "scraps." So far, so good. Was having so much fun with the pattern, I made more, in different fabrics. Four tops, total. Okay, time to actually finish one. So . . . the other day, I pulled out a top, backing, and batting . . . but got to thinking it really ought to be a bit longer. Had enough scraps from that one, to make another two rows, for the length. Added the extra rows, then pulled down the roll of Warm & White again, to measure. Hmmmm. Ought to get two from the width, instead of wasting. Pulled out another top . . . and decided it really needed to be longer, too. As a matter of fact, I should make all of them longer. Pulled out all scraps, from the tops. Okay, I think I can get enough for the second one, if I cut my scraps carefully. However, the other two (the ones kinda alike) needed just a bit more of the light fabric. Off to Hobby Lobby, I went. I needed only about 1/4 yd of the light fabric, to finish those two tops . . . but what did I do? Thing is, I really do like that fabric . . . and it seems such a shame to get such a small amount. Since I got extra of the light, I knew I should get more of the focus fabric. Anyway, so now I have fabric to finish the two short ones and make a third of those two fabrics (I'd already stocked up on the third fabric) . . . and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have left-overs . . . .