View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 04:48 PM
VickiM

Finished mine...YEA! Love it!!! I think this will be the way I put together my grandson's graduation T-shirt quilt...but because it will be an oversized queen I am going to use fleece for the backs of the squares, no batting (it will be too heavy), cotton for the sashing front & back. I hope it works, I only have till May to get it done. Here's the front & back of this one. I played with the outer border...wanted to have arrows on the corners, but forgot about the sashing. It still came out ok...from now on it will be just cornerstones! I wanted to bring some of the back to the front. Had to piece the binding...not enough left of anything to make it solid, but I like it. I used varigated thread for the quilting on the white squares & the areas in the outer border. Leaving for Wisconsin for a week for hubby's 50th school reunion, so will catch up when I get back. Thank you, again, Jenniky!
Attached Thumbnails orphan-block-qayg-challenge-front.jpg   orphan-blocks-qayg-challenge-back.jpg  

Last edited by VickiM; 08-21-2012 at 04:54 PM.