Old 08-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Chickpea

Default I think I am really going to finish this quilt!

My nephew is a junior in college majoring in music. He wants to be a band director. When he was a freshman in high school, I had mentioned that I found fabric with marching bands. Since then, it has been my intention to make him a quilt. It has turned into a t-shirt/memory quilt. I started it two years ago. Time to finish, don't you think? I have changed jobs, moved, and life has happened. Now I am settled in my job, working 3 nights in a row, with 4 nights off. I am settled in my home, and even have a room designated for sewing. I have no excuse..... So, as you can see, I have finished the top. It has been fun trying to put things on it that will bring him memories. I have embroidered blocks with things representing his job in high school at the theater, his favorite hangout, Jinnie's diner, his favorite pastimes, fireworks, 4-wheelers, FFA, raising chickens and sheep, his old yellow cadillac, his brothers and parents, and a school bus representing my mother, his grandmother who was the first lady bus driver in our county because she is the one who really encouraged him to join the band. We asked his friends what words they would use to describe him and I will have a column of those descriptions on the back. I needed something to help me make the back wide enough. The column of descriptions is perfect for that! What fun this has been. Hope he will enjoy it too!
Attached Thumbnails img_1067.jpg