View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:06 AM
Jratcliff

I have been using glue for a long time for basting small quilts and just recently decided to use it on a large quilt.
I glued the various pieces of the blocks together before sewing, the glued the blocks for sewing, etc. Worked great and I love it. I went ahead and quilted it, added the binding which I sew on the front then hand stitch to the back. Just got it done, spread it out to look at the back and clip anything that needed clipping and much to my surprise noticed I had missed quilting on 3 large blocks. So, back to the machine to quilt. One of the blocks I decided I didn't press very well so in my close inspection I realized I hadn't even sewn it. The glue held so well I just didn't see it. I wasn't able to SITD on that block, not completely ITD but had to stitch just a hair off to catch the seam. I could have done an invisible applique type stitch I suppose, but it was at the end and I just wanted it done.
The point of all this is, the glue was great. Thankfully I hadn't attempted washing it yet!