View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:10 AM
mcwillia

Default My Blue Ribbon Winners

I love entering items at the county fair. My quilts are made for charity and my favorites are displayed at the fair prior to donation. The local quilting guild makes Christmas stockings for the foster children and their families. A friend decided to de-stash. I took the quilted sateen, Christmas prints and white fake fur which became 13 stockings. The stockings looked too formal. I found an embroidery design which was meant to be a coaster. The coaster was sewn to the stockings and adds a nice touch.

This year I was given FSL (Free Standing Lace) embroidery patterns and decided to stitch some of the designs. The large green bowl and doily used almost all of a 5000 meter cone of thread. When I picked up my items, I was told there were numerous questions about how the lace was created. Two fair volunteers asked that I include an informational document with next year's lace entries. Guess I better get stitching as the FSL bowls take a long time...
Attached Thumbnails img_0857.jpg   img_0858.jpg   img_0859.jpg   img_0860.jpg   img_0861.jpg  

img_0862.jpg