View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 PM
FroggyinTexas

I have four clocks in my entry hall; three of them, including the grandfather clock my colleagues bought for me when I retired, chime on the 1/4 hour and the hour. The other is a battery operated clock awarded by the school district as a prize for having taught in the district for 25 years. Two cuckoo clocks are on the wall in my living room and one battery operated clock that a student gave me. There are two wall clocks in the guest bedroom and a clock radio; there is at least one clock in every other room in the house. Sometimes it is exciting trying to decide what time it really is! I happen to love clocks; this drives some people to distraction, but if the clocks keep them awake when they are visiting, there are nice quiet hotels all over the area.

Don't get into a fight over a clock in your DIL's living room. Not everyone loves clocks; one of my teaching colleagues hated both clocks and calendars because they reminded her of her mortality. Give DIL a gift card and let her pick her own gift. froggyintexas