View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Eddie

Originally Posted by wvdek
Another awsome fabulous one from our Eddie. You make us proud to be on the same thread. The colors in this are really nice. Happy for you that you are keeping this one for yourself.

I stand in awe and am humbled by your talents. I can only hope to achieve some of what you do in a month.

Eddie, what I want to know is how in the world do you get all of these quilts done in such short time? You must cut, sew, quilt, 24/7. Surely you work at a JOB and have chores to do. Then there is raising a family, shopping, cooking, cleaning, and of course somewhere in there we are to eat and sleep. And how in the world can you afford to make so many quilts? Ok I am done.
:lol:
Hi, WV, and thanks for the kind words! :) As to finding the time, this is pretty much my only hobby, although I do have some interests outside of quilting that I'm actively involved in (local historical societies, etc.) And I have a 40-hour-a-week job that gets in the way of my quilting, too, LOL. :D And all those chores my wife gives me to do and expecting me to do them. Somehow, it all gets done though.

As to affording it all, there's two things working in my favor there - this is really my only "vice" as it were, so I indulge myself. Too, when I first got into quilting back in May, I had been in another hobby (model trains) for over a decade and had accumulated quite a lot of stuff in that. All that went onto eBay and the $$$$ from that was used to buy a LOT of jelly rolls, fat quarters, layer cakes, etc. So I got a pretty big stockpile of fabric just waiting to be made into something.