View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Jenniky

Today I start the work on piecing the blocks for the next QAYG project. It will be a variation on the current QAYG method. This project will have a 2.5" Sashing in-between the blocks.

Part of my personal learning goal is to have a better understanding of battings. When I walk down the aisle of batting at Jo Anns or I am looking at batting online I really am making my selection based on price and appeal.
So I think it’s time I went to Batting School…

The first project I used the 100% polyester very affordable priced batting. As nice as my project finished up, I’m certain the batting will not hold up over time. I’m alright with that because I didn’t want to invest a lot of money into a learning project. Now that I feel more confident in my skills I want to use a batting that is considered better quality.

What I have on hand is Warm & Natural. I took a moment and asked myself why I bought the Warm & Natural batting in the first place. Honestly it was the appeal of the name and packaging. While I am prewashing my fabric for the next project I will spend some time reading up on batting and will share this afternoon what I learned. That of course will also be after I come back from Panda Express for some… Yum!!!….. Kung Pao chicken and Chow mein!!!.