Thread: Bottle Trees
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 04:41 AM
Edie

Help, Help, Help! I received a bottle tree from my sister for my birthday. It is metal, the "trunk" and "stems" are metal. It sticks into the ground like a hanging basket holder does. It holds 15 bottles -- I am using small green and brown beer bottles (compliments of neighbors) and I noticed that it fell down. So I pounded in two ends of a coat hanger over the "planter" post and put a brick on top of it. Well, we had a deluge here in St. Paul and it fell over anyhow. I have it in a special area of the garden and am planning to put lights inside of the bottle for Christmas (sort of decorate the garden). How in heck do I keep it from falling over. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. I already thought of the yard, but I would have to pull it out each time we mowed. Bottle gardens are not super popular here in the Midwest; the only people, actually, in the whole world that I know have one is my two sisters and I! I didn't even know what it was when my sister gave it to me. But now I just love it. You can google it and just see how exciting they are to have in a garden. I would love to go for red, yellow, amber, blue and green bottles - Five bottle colors - 15 stems. I can just see it! Thanks for your help. Edie