View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 AM
quiltingmommy

I had to take a daughter to the doctors today and went to another PO close to the doctor's office. Nice attendant knew the PO rules and processed my envelopes correctly!! He knew the rules that I read online off the top of his head and agreed with me. He checked the envelope's thickness with the template and there was no problem at all. Squishyness doesn't matter. The only time there might be a problem is if there is an unevenness of the contents due to something like coins or pencils that might jam the automation machines. Fabric squashes down to an even thickness and wouldn't catch.

The only point that I was confused on was the ounces rule. Up to 1 ounce is .45, between 1-2 ounces is .65. The attendant weighed each individually and Half of my envelopes needed .45, half needed .65. (That extra 1/10 of an ounce is sooooo much more difficult to handle j/k) I was a little too liberal on my cutting and gave some of you an inch or two extra here and there which accounts for the differences in weight.

Hope my experience helps others so that they wont be overcharged.

So with all that said, all of my squishies are on their way to all of the pearl recipients and a few extra for April (Angel B), Melinda (Nexxus831), Penny (oldcatlady)who were looking for extra swappers. Let me know if they made their journeys safely.

I received three today: Linda (ljdugas31), Dotty (dotcomdtcom) and Karen (yayquilts)

Christina.