View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Nexxus831

Quiltingmommy,

I did not know these things. That is nice to know. My father worked for the Post Office for almost 30 years. You would think I would know these things. He has been medically retired since 2000 though so I am sure things have changed a lot since then. I will make better care to write neater or print out labels so that the machine can read it. Thanks for the information and your f8 went out in the mail today.

Melinda

Originally Posted by quiltingmommy View Post
Oh, by the way did I mention that I am actually an employee of the Post Office So I think it is pretty embarrassing that some don't know the rules correctly. I process mail images in a huge warehouse with hundreds of others. All mail is scanned by machines and read my computers. If the computers can read the address the mail goes on its happy way. If it cannot be read due to bad handwriting, missing info, or strange computer fonts etc...., the mail image in scanned and sent via the internet to either my center or one in Kansas. Than a PO encoder (ie a real human being) has to decipher the info and hopefully get the mail on its way. Thousands of workers are processing mail 24 hours a day7 days a week in this fashion between the two centers in the country; each looking at over 1000 letters each hour. I work 4 nights a week 6-midnight or 5-1:30 am while my kids are hopefully sound asleep.