Old 08-23-2012, 04:42 PM
miriam
Power Poster

I picked up a Spartan the other day. I could see it had a good nest of lint in the bobbin area so I saved it for Miss M to clean when she came over. So Miss L and I were playing with a Singer 401 testing the stitch selector knob and making pretty designs. Miss M is fervently cleaning the Spartan. She is going to town with a brush and a paper towel and some q tips. I hear, "Grandma," long pause... "Grandma, this one has some real thick red lint in there and I can't get it out..." Oh dear. At least she didn't get it out.... Miss M did do a real nice job cleaning the lint out before she ran out the door. Miss L wanted to take the 401 test swatch home - what ever. The other day I found a huge sack of fabric from the Goodwill outlet. I've been cutting out some quilt blocks from the small stuff. Unfortunately I need something to jazz it up... I'll have to buy something to go with. I found enough for each of the girls to have 2 or 3 dresses. There is enough for 2 more small quilts if the colors will coordinate. Then there are scrappy pieces I'm saving for Miss G's Christmas. Oh and there was a piece of turquoise fabric with bright robots - Wilbur claimed that and tried to wear it. He tried so hard - he wrapped it around, put it on his head - put it between his legs - threw it over his shoulders - he was determined... Had me giggling. Walter didn't care much about anything.