Old 10-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Feathers

Way back when I asked for suggestions on what to do at a quilt retreat that our group was planning.....many of you gave me great ideas of activities, projects, etc. and I've filed them away in the "Retreat" file. Well, tomorrow 10 of us leave for our 4 night, 5 day beach retreat . Our rental house is right on the beach, we are 1 mile from major shopping, fabric and grocery stores, have a jacuzzi, fireplace and a ton of room to spread out and sew, sew, sew. I plan to take a million pictures and get a bazillion things done.

We , as a group, are working on two projects for part of the retreat. One is to finish up the Christmas Socks for Soldiers so we can drop them off at the coordinator's and the other project is a new one we started last month making Doo Rag and knit sleep hats for our local cancer center patients. I called the Oncology Center looking for a hat for our daughter and ended up with a pattern and a promise that we'd supply hats for the center. So far we've made about 40 hats. Hopefully we'll have lots more to hand over to the cancer center when we get back from our retreat.

Wish you could all join us. We are so excited about the trip!