Thread: Bottle Trees
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Edie

Thanks ever so~ I was just outside - darn near froze my pants off! I was checking it out. That is a really good idea and we do have extra wood in the garage. Keeping the whole thing under ground would probably give it more strength and stability, right? :?: Aren't they just the neatest thing? And if you read the story about the bottle tree you will note that it came from the ninth century and hanging the bottles upside down would keep the evil spirits in the bottle. Dumb spirits - they can get in, but they can't get out? I don't believe in that at all, but then I have wind chimes all over the yard too! Just for tackiness, I guess! I love our yard. I just pulled out the hanging basket poles (or whatever you call them - we in the boonies call them Shepherd's Crooks - and I moved them to the front window and will hang bird feeders from them and I can sit and sew and watch the birds. But before I can do that, being that the Vikings are not on TV today, I will wash the windows in the front room here. Then I have the morning sun shining in the window, my sewing machine right there and everything else and I am all set to go! Edie