View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Rose Marie

It all depends on how much you can afford.
Im poor so had to go cheap. Got cheap metal shelves at Target and put clear plastic bins in it for fabric. I have a big closet so these fit in it perfect.
Bought the F&P design wall and hung it but a flannel backed tablecloth works the same way.
Do buy a table that your machine fits flush in, this is a must have for me. Handling quilts is so much easier.
My cutting table was $59 at Joanns, they cost much more now. I like having the drop leaves so it dosnt take up to much room when not in use.
I love the plastic drawer units that are small with 3 drawers in them. They are expensive but hold all those little things you need. I put labels on each drawer. I stacked three sets of them.
Also have a couple of larger roll around drawers for storage of works in progess, stencils etc.
Have a cheap bookcase for my books and magazines.
Hung my rulers and etc on peg board. Smaller rulers that dont hang are in letter holders from the dollar store.
Have my fat quarters in baskets also from dollar store and sorted by color. Stored in a cheap bookcase.
For lighting I have an old floor lamp with four lights on it that can be moved into whatever position I need.

Last edited by Rose Marie; 08-24-2012 at 06:22 AM.