View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 06:53 AM
x7lillies

Default My First Bargello!

Hi everyone! This is my first attempt at a bargello quilt. I didn't include any twists, since it was daunting enough to deal with all those strips! This has 29 different fabrics, going from burnt orange to bright white (and back). I think it turned out really nice
I had a little trouble with the backing. Usually I like to have extra and just fold over the back for the binding (one less step), but I was short on the measurements (I pre-wash the fabric, and it shrunk way more than I expected!) and barely had enough to cover the back, let alone fold over. Luckily, I had accidentally bought too much one one of my fabrics, and had just enough (I mean I had about 6" of a strip left when I was done!) for binding. It was more work, but I think I prefer the small binding border around the edge.

Let me know what you think! I hand-embroidered a patch on the back of the quilt with my name, the year I finished the quilt, and the title. Is there anything else people usually include in a label (for future reference)? I plan on sending along care instructions to whoever I end up sending it to.
Attached Thumbnails orange-bargello-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-24-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: pm to member