Old 08-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Charlee

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Notice you guys/gals that button above the tension assembly is a button to push for reverse - ON A VERTICAL FEED!!!!!!

Now here is the back of the machine - notice two levers like foot pressure levers, but one only releases the foot pressure a little bit!Also notice the label - Springfield, Illinois not Dayton?[ATTACH=CONFIG]357537[/ATTACH]
That is not a stick on label. It is decaled on? Confuses me!

Nancy
Yep...it looks like a decal to me. In this picture, the Bruce decal covers the original Davis decal... I found this on a genealogy forum, it's an answer about the Bruce Sewing machine company by a descendant:

Bonnie Bruce Baker wrote at 2007-06-04 23:44:59
I am Bonnie Bruce Baker. I was born and raised in Springfield, Illinois. My great grandfather, Cicero C. Bruce began selling sewing machines in the Virginia area after being released from the Confederacy. My grandfather was born in 1866 and, when old enough, helped his father. Eventually they put thir own name on the sewing machines, selling them under the Bruce label. In 1899 they left Roane County in TN and moved to Springfield, IL where The Bruce Co. was begun. My father continued the tradition but dropped sewing machines about the time televisions became popular. Pianos, organs and appliances were also sold. My father died in 1981 and also The Bruce Co. I would greatly enjoy hearing from any owners of Bruce Sewing Machines.