View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Tashana

My sewing area is in the basement. It is small, but I love it and this is what I have: along the first wall are two second hand dressers from my neighbour that hold everything from threads to needles to patterns and UFOs and yadrage of backing fabric and muslin. Above are simple shelves with clear plastic shoeboxes holding my small, but ever growing stash and boxes of scrap. My ironing board is on the next wall perpendicular to the dresser. I have a large, Costco size ironing board. Perpendicular to my ironing board is a counter high cutting table which my husband build out of 2x4s and plywood. It is purposly not finished so the fabric does not slide. Under the table are boxes with batting and pillow stuffing. Along the last "wall" (shich is not a wall but edge of my carpet) is old dining room table from Ikea that was refinished with slick varnish to help quilts move when I am quilting. That table holds two sewing machines and a serger. The area is small but cosy. I am thinking about putting a small design board above my ironong board but I never use it anyways so I may pass on it for now. Above, on the ceiling are two long flourescent lights with daylight rods in them. The whole area is 9x10. The cost was minimal - all we had to buy were the lights and the lumber for building the cutting table. Everything else was second hand, or we already had it serving some other purpose. The wall and the furniture is white, just by chance, so it gives the whole room look of much bigger space. good luck and make the room fit your needs. It is so important to feel good in your space.

Last edited by Tashana; 08-24-2012 at 07:10 AM.