View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 08:00 AM
JEM2012

Default Best Husband EVER!

My husband got me a new sewing machine for our anniversary this week!! I was not expecting it at all - I'd put one on my amazon wish list thinking maybe I'd get it for Chanukah/Christmas.

It's a Singer Quantum Stylist 9960. It came with an INSANE package of add-ons - an extension table, almost 20 different feet, and a hard case, automatic thread cutter, automatic needle threader to name a few. Basically the only feature I would have wanted that it doesn't have is a knee lift presser foot. It also can do over 600 different stiches - I was playing around with it last night and made the picture attached just trying things out. It is also SO MUCH QUIETER than my old machine. People always talk about watching TV when they're sewing, and I always thought "how can you possibly watch TV over the noise of the sewing machine??" I honestly didn't realize that it was not the norm that mine sounded like a freaking jackhammer.

I know it's not as fancy as the machines that some of you have, but considering that my last machine was a $79 Singer 1507 that did 8 stitches, had a needle that fit crookedly in the shank, and had no electronic features, it's a HUGE step up for me. And given the array of features and accessories, I feel like it was a really good value for the price at only $330!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]357570[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails singer-9960.jpg